Today’s newest iPhone records 4K HDR video. Wi-Fi video cameras capture everything around us; from cops to stores to traffic to our children. Children? I’m not talking FaceTime. Stick the right app on your a Mac, an old iPhone or iPad and you can monitor your home while not at home. Cloud Baby Monitor does the trick and you don’t need a baby.
If digital cameras are everywhere these days then why not put them to good use, and, 1) spy on people for fun and profit, or, 2) monitor your baby while you’re busy doing something else. Yes, think nanny-cam. Cloud Baby Monitor is an app that you can download to your Mac, iPhone, or iPad and watch live video from another device while the camera rolls (so to speak; there’s nothing really rolling— no film– right?).
Cloud Baby Monitor is a snooping package whose time has come. Grab an old iDevice with a camera and… insert your favorite alakazam noise here… you can monitor everything from baby to child’s room to backyard to cheating spouse.
Think of this as FaceTime without ringing first, and there’s no need to answer. Cloud Baby Monitor is feature packed and priced about right.
- Video Baby Monitor – Enjoy high quality live video and audio of your baby on your home WiFi network.
- Unlimited Range – Enjoy the same quality live video and audio when you need to leave your house. Works over 3G, 4G LTE, or any other WiFi network connected to the internet.
- Noise And Motion Alerts – Get notified about all your child’s activities with noise and motion alerts. The alerts are automatically pushed to your Apple Watch.
- White Noise & Lullabies – Soothe your baby with built in popular lullabies and white noises. Create your own playlists with lullabies and white noises from your iTunes Library.
- Talk To Baby – Soothe your baby easily from anywhere around your house. When both parents are monitoring each of them can talk to baby independently.
- Multi Parent – Monitor your baby at the same time from multiple devices.
- Multi Child – Monitor multiple children from one parent device at the same time.
Think of Child Baby Monitor as three components. The Child Unit– a device with a camera; iPhone, iPad, Mac. The Parent Unit – another device connected to the internet to monitor a Child Unit; Mac, iPhone, iPad, Watch, Apple TV.
Now you have an application that can be installed on an older iDevice (needs to have a FaceTime camera, of course) to monitor your home, baby, children, nanny, teenagers, et al. It’s like the Ring doorbell camera alert system but for inside the home and specifically for the aforementioned children.
Of course, it doesn’t take much effort to see how it could be used for other purposes. A spying camera comes to mind. A security camera, too.